03/30/2020 Back at that trio life


In a rather poetic form, I am again in a trio where I will be ending the missionary service of both companions. That makes 5 total "kills" at the end of this, half of the total amount of companions I have had in the field thus far. 

Elder Ashworth and Elder Hakes are my companions, and they were my zone leaders when I was in Benton. Little did I know I would be joining them. I enjoyed having them as zone leaders, and am now enjoying having them as companions. 

Elder Hakes is leaving for home any day now, due to health risks surrounding the corona virus, and Elder Ashworth leaves in 2 weeks, due to older missionaries being sent home early to make room for reassigned, previously foreign serving missionaries that will come after their quarantine. So in just a couple weeks I will be in a completely new companionship. Hopefully I'm not the senior companion zone leader, because I have no idea what I'm doing haha. 

It has been very weird being transferred to an area and being mostly unable to interact with the people of the city, ward, and our teaching pool. At least I've been to Hot Springs enough to already know a couple ward members. We have had a couple video calls with people we are teaching, which have been good. Elder Ashworth even had his family on the video call lesson. 

Pictures
1) our trio. Me, Elder Hakes, and Elder Ashworth

2) Elder Ashworth was toying around with a fish eye lens he found on his desk. He fastened it in front of his phone lense. The result was actually pretty decent. 

3) up in one of the Hot Springs Mountains. Elder Ashworth and Hakes, being from Utah and Arizona respectively, did not call these mountains. I, being from Minnesota and as such not a mountain snob, am willing to grant these geological formations the title of mountains. 

4) another mountain: Elder Davidson. We had a good singular transfer together.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted