03/23/2020 Missionary work: Canceled (for real)

I rescind almost everything from my last week's letter. Since wednesday, we became limited to only seeing people in person if you had a set lesson with them, and that no group you are in exceed 10 people, and no contact with anyone over 60. 

Since Sunday, Elder Davidson and I (and a dozen other missionaries we have made contact with) have been in strict quarantine. No leaving the apartment whatsoever. Someone we saw a couple days ago may have the corona virus so we have been confined entirely to our apartment, and any missionaries we have seen since. I'll spare you the details. Long story short: I'm never helping anyone with laundry ever again. Service is bad. 
The good thing is is that he only MIGHT have corona. We got a call yesterday morning saying he did, but an email last night saying that the tests are not complete. The call interrupted a sacrament meeting we were having at a member's home with someone we were teaching. We had to leave and never came back. Super awkward. The email saying he might not have it was a relief. 

Despite this, there were a couple fun things that we have been able to do. On Monday I ate lunch with Sister Aunt Jen and Brother Uncle Travis. Glad we got that done before Wednesday. And we went to the Civil Rights Museum with the Spanish South Elders and Hermanas on the last day they were open. It was my second time, but it was basically empty, unlike last time, so we could take our time. 

On Tuesday I exchanged with the zone leaders. I was with Elder Gomez Perez in Olive Branch. I interviewed a person for baptism the Spanish Elders are teaching who lives in OB

On Wednesday we helped a member clean out a backyard of a property he owns. I got to suit up and crawl under a house and do some plumbing. Call me handy

On thursday we put a man on date for baptism. Him and bishop Faulkner got along very well. In fact they already knew each other because he has been off and on learning from missionaries for over a decade. Just recently the stumbling block for him has been removed. 

Also if I can get out of this quarantine I was called to be a zone leader after just this one transfer in Memphis 2nd. I really don't want to leave. I've loved being back in Memphis. When I can go, I'm going back to the Little Rock Stake, in the city of Hot Springs and will be serving with Elder Hakes and Ashworth, who were my zone leaders just a transfer ago when I was in that zone. 

Also as of right now I am not going home early. That is subject to change but I still get my 24 months. Hopefully that doesnt change

Stay safe y'all! 

Pictures
1) in the depths of the house. Elder Vore, a spanish missionary, was too scared to go in. Pansy (just kidding)

2) Elder Davidson discovering the cure to the corona virus 


3) Sister Melo's funeral. She died of the corona virus (also just kidding). 

4) before our sunday quarantine we got time to go outside and get fresh air. We hung out with some spanish Elders at the park that day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted