12/25/2019 Christmas time is here again

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a very good day to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ! 

This is surely the warmest Christmas I have ever had. I was was a balmy 65 degrees yesterday and it is supposed to almost hit 70 today. 

This past week has been really good. Last P Day was our mission social which was really fun. President Hansen's magic tricks are really impressive! For our gift exchange I got a plastic bow and arrow toy. With a few mods to it, it will become a formidable tool for torturing companions. 
Just kidding, I'm too nice... possibly

On Sunday we had the Little Rock Stake Musical Tribute, to which my aunt and uncle and grandma, who are in Memphis, surprisingly showed up to. I may not be able to see a lot of my family for two years, but is a blessing to have some of them in the mission boundaries. 

Our church program was really good too. We had someone we are teaching who has been hesitant about coming to church attend. He really liked it and wants to come again! 

On Tuesday we went caroling with our district. We visited a lot of people that our four companionships are teaching or are ministering to. A few of them cried tears of joy as we sung a few christmas tunes. I'm glad we have this time in our life to dedicate 100% of our effort to spreading the joy of Christ and His gospel, especially this joyous season

Well, next Christmas I will be back in Minnesota, it should be a little colder. see ya. 


Pics
1) we were helping hands on monday as the church donated almost 50,000lbs of food to a local food pantry. Although it didnt feel like that much to me. Upwards of 50 people showed up when it felt like it was a maybe 10 man job. 

2) Elder Rivera and I at the Christmas Social. We have been in the same zone his entire mission, and he came out last December. That streak has sadly ended as of a couple weeks ago. The streak was just 2 weeks short of an entire year. 
Also I am taller than him. Don't let him claim otherwise. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted