10/12/2020 Farewell, Arkansas

Well, it is that time. It's been hard to process that it really is the end of my mission. After 24 months, missionary work has become my way of life, so it's hard to imagine going back to life at home. 


With all that said. My last week in the mission has fantastic. The baptisms in Beebe did go through!!! Thanks for the prayers! The baptism in Quitman is being delayed for this Saturday. 

Just as what happened in Hot Springs, The Beebe Ward also started sacrament meeting again for my last week in the area. They split the ward in two and one half was invited this week, and the other half next week. I gave a talk. I talked a lot about what I have learned about the Holy Ghost on my mission. 

As for transfers, surprisingly only Elder Kitterman is staying in Beebe. Elder Danielson is going to Quitman/Heber Springs, so he isn't even leaving the district. In fact, we went on an exchanges this last week with his future companions. He will be in a trio for a week before one of them, Elder McAllister, leaves for Romania. Elder Schuerch is going to Newport. Elder Smith, one of my previous companions, is going to be Elder Kitterman's new companion in Beebe! 

Well, as I conclude my last weekly email, I just want you to know that I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know every single person on this earth is a beloved son or daughter of a loving Heavenly Father. I loved my time in the service of God in Arkansas and Tennessee. I am a different man than I was 24 months ago. A better man. And that's because of the atonement. Applying the atonement into our lives empowers us to do and become better, and the mission has provided so many experiences for me to do that. The atonement is the foundation of my faith, and I say that in the name of Jesis Christ, amen.

"Brethren [and sisters], adieu"

Pictures 
1) Elder Schuerch revealed he had an inflatable couch after almost 3 months. We were very disappointed he told us days before we would all be separating, but with the time we had with it, we made sure to enjoy it. Here is me, Elder Danielson, and Doug McKenzie on the couch. 

2) the Heber Springs mural. while on my exchange with Elder Neff in Heber Springs, we met a guy on the street who had nunchucks draped over his neck. You never know when you are going need some nunchucks. That guy is ready to spring to action at any time. 


3) this picture speaks for itself. 


4) Zone Conference was this week. Searcy and Jonesboro zones combine and I got to see Elders Tenney and Thornton, who were in the Hot Springs zone when I was there. They are reassigned from Kiribati, which is one of the spots for the newly announced temples!! Congratulations to them and the country of Kiribati! 


5) The McGraws, the family who I began teaching at the end of my time in Benton, came up to Jacksonville (where we had the baptisms because Beebe doesn't have a font) and we had lunch with them. They have made a very positive impact in my life and mission. I hadn't seen them since February, so it was great to connect with them again. 


6) my funeral


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"