02/10/2020 Back to Blues

It has been a great 6 months here in Benton, but I will be leaving tomorrow to go back to Memphis. This time in the Memphis 2nd Ward, which is the southern part of the city, in a different stake even from my first area, Midtown. Graceland is also in the boundaries. And a previous member of the mission Presidency is the bishop, Bishop Faulkner. My companion is Elder Davidson, whom I have never met. I will also be the district leader there. 

I have really enjoyed serving in Benton. They are a strong ward. Large, organized, friendly, and willing to help out. I will miss all the great people I have met, and am sad I will not be here to continue teaching some of the people we are working with. Elder Smith and his new companion have a lot of great things going on in Benton this next transfer! One of my personal goals on the mission is to leave every area better than I found it, and I have been blessed to be able to do that so far. 

This week was Stake Conference for the Little Rock Stake. That was nice because I got to see a few faces from Arkadelphia. It was a good wrapping up of my time, over 9 months, in the Little Rock stake. At stake conference, Sister Boston, the temple president's wife, gave a hilarious talk. She grew up southern baptist until adulthood, so she had some funny southern flair as she talked about the great strength gained and spirit felt in the temple. Elder Smith and I also got roped into singing in a choir. We sung a song that has the same tune as If You Could Hie to Kolob. It was a super cool song though, talking about how Jesus Christ is this dark world's light. 

It also snowed for a combined 30 minutes this week. One day it cold enough to fluctuate between rain and snow. I'm sure the Walmarts were are raised of their eggs, milk, and bread. I'm not sure why people gravitate to those three items when it snows in the south, but they do. 

Pictures
1) we had the Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders at our last District Council. Full house! (From left to right: Elder Smith, me, Elder Hakes, Elder Larsen, Elder Robison, Sister Searing, Sister Black, Hermana Long, Hermana Damery, Elder Ashworth) 

2) welcome to historic downtown Benton. Honestly the sign could be a little bigger. But all around it has been a warm welcome to historic downtown Benton for the last 6 months. 

3) we got.... cheese'd? I do not know when or by whom, but nevertheless, we got cheese'd. 

4) Elder Critchfield and I got to hold these homemade civil war flag pictures when we first got to the area. Now Elder Smith and I got to right before I leave. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted