01/13/2020 Weather roulette



This year the weather has been fairly unpredictable in Arkansas. We have had 70s and sunny, to 30, and back to 70s and sunny, back to 30 and raining, all in a week or so. Sometimes in a day or so. It's been an interesting trip. But like a box of chocolates, I never quite know what I am going to get day in and day out here. Except the summer. I know exactly what I am getting there, and I do not look forward to that. I'll keep my unpredictable--albeit predictably snowless--winters any day. 

Last year's winter in Memphis was pretty predictably coldish and rainy. I don't know what happened this year. 

This week was a lot of driving around contacting people. A lot of appointments that ended up falling through as well. The usual missionary stuff. But we did have a lot of really good contacts too. We talked to this one guy in particular who as we kept on talking, he brought up concepts that are addressed perfectly in The Book of Mormon, especially Alma 32 and King Benjamin's sermon in Mosiah 2-5, and he even already had a Book of Mormon in his library, but has never read it. It's amazing how much the Book of Mormon would help people, and they are so close to receiving the upliftment that comes with it, even to the point of owning the book, yet they have not yet reaped because they have not sowed. Hopefully we can help him sow. 

We also had Zone Conference this week. One of the big topics was our goals for the next six months in preparation for our new mission president, President Robert Cahoon, to take over. 

Pics
1) this past Zone Conference from December. 

2) we found what appears to be a very old gym. We were pleasantly surprised that there were no "No trespassing" signs, so I felt obliged to investigate. I was not disappointed. 

3) dead beaver on the side of the road. Don't see that too often. Its pose and its preserved form necessitated a picture. I felt like I just needed to share it with you. 

4) Me and another Elder in the zone, Elder Sheffield, preparing a dinner setup with proper form and etiquette. Thank you mother for teaching me where the spoon, knife, and fork go. 


5) this neighborhood was less than welcoming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

10/25/2018 first REAL email, titled 8 Days a Week (you can tell he was raised by a Beatles fan)