09/16/2019 "I feel kinda lightheaded"

Throughout my life, I have had opportunities to donate blood, and I always passed it up for some reason. I have a relative fear of needles, and when I have had blood tests at Doctor appointments, it hasn't been my favorite experiences, and donating blood is just a longer version of that. Well, we were helping out at an event that the Stake Relief Society Presidency put on, and a blood drive, and they were giving out t shirts. I wanted a t shirt. And I have never known my blood type either. That's good info I have wanted to have. Well I signed up and go in with all the courage I could muster. First They prick my finger (I hate having my finger pricked, definitely more than getting shots. The squeezing of my finger is the worst part). I felt mostly fine, but as I started answering the questions on the laptop they had, I start losing the ability to focus, and I turn to the lady next to me and say "I feel kinda light headed." That was the last thing I remembered. Immediately following that I woke up, laying on the floor surrounded by nurses. I passed out before I even got to the donation. After recuperating we just went home. Elder Critchfield drove for the rest of the day. And I took a big nap. Passing out really takes it out of you.

And despite all that I didn't get a t shirt. Maybe next time...

Anyways, that's most of my week by way of interesting things. We taught a few lessons at the beginning of the week but by later in the week, everyone was canceling their appointments. We had some I was really excited for, but they canceled. I guess them canceling is better than us showing up and them just not being there, and never texting us back to where we never hear from them again. 

Pics
1) Here's a member of the ward and I. He's pretty tall. A constant reminder of my lack of height. 


2) the district. Elder Larsen, Elder Morrow, Me, Elder Critchfield, Sister Hernandez, and Sister Long. 

3) street legal go cart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

10/25/2018 first REAL email, titled 8 Days a Week (you can tell he was raised by a Beatles fan)