09/02/2019 A lot more of everthing

Benton/Bryant has a lot in it. People, traffic, and especially businesses. We live right along the freeway, so getting out of our apartment, we see just about every food chain. And it's all packed in in just about a 5 mile stretch. They do have a Target. It's been a while since I have stepped foot into one of those. And I forgot what rush hour was like. They have it here! 

The ward is also big. Almost double the size of my other two units combined. I forgot what wards are like. It was a good meeting though. A member visiting from elsewhere brought his friend who lives here. He really enjoyed the service, so hopefully we can get in further contact with him.

Most of the work this week has been trying to get to know members in the area, especially ministering families, part member families, and so on, as well as trying to find the people who were on our teaching list. Elder Critchfield and I have not before whitewashed (missionary term meaning both missionaries being new to the area), so we didnt really know what we were doing, but we'll figure it out eventually. 

Also funny connection. One of the many moves I did with Elder Green in Arkadelphia was a move for a member couple from Arkadelphia and Benton. So I get to follow them coming up to Benton, and we even had a meal with them yesterday, and they didnt even know I was going to be the new missionary until they saw me at church. They're really awesome so I am glad to be in their unit again. 

Verse OTD
Alma 38:11-12
"See that ye are not lifted up unto pride; yea, see that ye do not boast in your own wisdom, nor of your much strength. Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness."

Pics
1) Elder Critchfield and I


2) Elder Andreasen and I. He is staying in Arkadelphia next transfer, and will likely do that until his death in November. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted