05/13/2019 Best of luck to the newly weds

I may not be able to attend my brother's wedding this coming week, but I got to go to one this past Saturday. A member of the branch got married. It was a nice ceremony, of which I got to hold the rings and man the hymn player on the piano. We want to start teaching the husband so they can eventually be sealed in the temple. To both couples, have fun being married! 

And also happy mothers day to mothers. I gave a talk in the Arkadelphia Branch on Mothers. I think it was the first talk in church I have ever given that actually folled the 15 minutes allotted. I have the tendency to rush through talks, and overestimate the length of my talk. I didn't do that this time. 

School got out for Henderson (and Ouchita too I think?) This week, so the town is going to be a little less lively now with a lot of the students going back home for the summer. Well see if I stay long enough to see them come back. 

Knocking doors this week we ran into a member who had fallen off the face of the earth. She is now married and has two kids and they are pretty great! In preparation for her baptism over a decade ago, she read the whole Book of Mormon in one week! We had a great little discussion with them.

We have also been contacting some formers this week. Hopefully this week we will be able to teach them, and with one of them, Skype in a returned missionary who had taught the man before! 

Pics
1) we got a lot of rain this past week. Here's a flooded road. Luckily this road really isn't used much. 
 
2) the house that we have been working on with needed a lift this week. With a little bit of enginuity and patience, and a magic lawn mower blade, we were able to lift a house with two car jacks. The house's floor beams were bowing a bit and we wanted to eliminate as much as we could. 

3) a gecko. They like to hang around the church building. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The first email

11/1/2018 titled "Letter 2 Electric Boogaloo"

11/7/2018 Elder Matt wanted this posted